November 25, 2009

Best Places to Go

Personally I think the best place to go snowboarding is up on the west coast of Canada and the west coast United states. I say this because the amount of snow on the west coast is much greater then the snowfalls in the middle of the country’s, due to the lake affect snow. Also for some reason I can’t explain the snow is fluffy and light as to in the middle of the country it is think and wet. Meaning you don’t go as quick or as long, when the snow is light and fluffy it allows you to glide more and really get into your heel and toe turns. As to when it’s wet and heavy you really have to dig into the snow with your edges, so you can really make your turns. Also it is better out on the east coast because you have the rocky mountains so you have a much larger selection of resorts to choose from, compared to the resorts on the inside of the country, the terrain I much flatter with less mountains. When you have more mountains it makes for better ridding because the more resorts that you have to choose from the more runs that you have to pick from, so you can pick the runs where less people have went on so it can really increase you riding experience.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog troy,
    I love to snowboard and the reason the snow is different elswhere is because it is probobly man made. My two favorite places to go is bowler mountain in london,On and alpine valey in the states. I hope that in your next few blogs, you talk about jumps and how to land them because I always wanted to learn how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks nick, ok I will be sure to teach you how to land. It’s a pretty tricky thing to do but if you put your mind to it I’m sure you will be able to. And yea I agree with what your saying with the snow, it makes good sense.

    ReplyDelete