January 7, 2010

Comparing Skiing and Snowboarding

Snowboarding is a newer sport, compared to skiing as been around ever since 2500 or 4500 B.C. it’s the farthest thing from snowboarding. For example skiing you have two separate objects on your feet as to snowboarding you got both your feet strapped in to one object. Also skis have a device on the binding that when you fall a certain way and apply a certain amount of pressure on you ankle or bindings your boots will separate from the actual binding so you cant injure yourself. Compared to snowboarding when you fall your feet are stuck in the bindings so its more dangerous of a sport. Also everyone finds snowboarding to be a more risk taking sport and skiing a sport for relaxing and having a good time on the mountain. Another thing is skies are made for speed and boards are made fro tricks and younger people. I say that because you have to do a lot more movement and lower body work on a snowboard compared to skis. Older people can still snowboard but they must condition themselves before. Actually everyone should do conditioning before snowboarding so that they don’t pull a muscle or worse break a bone.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Troy before I started to snowboard I use to ski. That was fun but one Christmas my parents got me a snowboard and ever since then I’ve been snowboarding. I also find it a lot harder to snowboard but a lot more fun once I got the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete